Forum Header

Georgia Appraiser Forum

Provided by:   John M. Bryant, Inc., A Georgia Appraisal School

School Calendar | Phone Book | Appraisal Topics | Appraisal Questions | Other Topics

Forum Rules
Online Courses
Appraiser Search
MLS Analyzer


Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
keith

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,312
Reply with quote  #1 
Here is one more from the large nationwide appraisal company.

If you use any comp photos that aren't original, you are in violation of the LOE and charges could be filed with the state boards who can prosecute. According to them, Fannie Mae now has software that can analyze the pixels and can determine when the photo was taken.
If they spent this much energy go after mortgage fraud, they wouldn't have to worry about appraisers.
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #2 
Wait a minute.... The LOE supersedes the state, fnma, and the heavenly father.... But they want to threaten you with violation of the LOE by sending you to the board??????

I would refuse to do business with this company.  In a vast majority of circumstances it is actually not legal to obtain that precious photograph.

FNMA has software that can analyze the pixels?????? FNMA doesn't require original photos.  I call their bluff on that.

__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #3 
Who is this company?
__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
keith

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,312
Reply with quote  #4 
Not disclosing to protect the guilty. LOL.
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #5 
I don't understand why you would feel that this is important to withhold.  I respect your reasons, but I don't understand.
__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
keith

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,312
Reply with quote  #6 
I don't understand your necessity to know. They are one of my clients.
0
dunwoodyappraiser

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 153
Reply with quote  #7 
again, this comp photo stuff has gotten WAY OUT OF HAND!! It is utterly ridiculous that if I took a comp photo 2 weeks ago, I can't use that photo. Maybe I can drive back by it but I should be able to use it. It is ridiculous!!!!
0
Bobby

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 5,964
Reply with quote  #8 
Middle finger for them. 
Do you think they will be around when you are standing trial for using a kid as a speed bump because you are operating a vehicle and taking photos at the same time?  Distracted driving is one of the most dangerous thing on the road right now.  Hell, it's even a law.

__________________

"America First".   President  Trump

0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #9 
The reason I ask who the client is... is because I too work for a lot of Nationwide clients.  I have found that many clients have different SOW and different user interfaces for different appraisers/regions.  They do this to test the waters so to speak.

For instance... I don't know how it happened but a week or so ago, I go to log into my solidifi account.  It logs me into some other appraiser's account in Oklahoma.  Everything is different.  The ratings are different, everything about the website, the SOW etc.... All different.  SAME CLIENTS, SAME AMC!!!

If we don't compare notes... How will we know?

Don't worry about me or anyone else on here stealing your client.... You can have them.  But if you really want to fight back, expose their BS.  I am sure we can provide you with some ammo to fight this.

For example... FNMA doesn't require original photos.... So FNMA doesn't have a magic machine to analyze any pixels... Its total BS.  Furthermore, Georgia has laws that prevent 99% of all comp photos from being legally obtainable.  

Easiest thing for you to do is fire the client.... Best thing for you to do is call their bluff and educate their dumbasses.  They don't even understand the SOW or what an AMC does.  

So who is it??? Or are you just simply making it all up?



__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
keith

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,312
Reply with quote  #10 
I am not worried about you stealing a client. I am actually worried about them trolling. As much as they are a pain in the a$$, I need my bills paid including child support.
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #11 
I get it.... You do more than 20% of your business for this particular client.  How did I know????
__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
treskirkland

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 700
Reply with quote  #12 
I don't think Fannie Mae has software to know when the photos were taken, but most AMC's and reviewers have access to MLS photos even if it is just through Zillow, so yes they can easily tell if you used a MLS photo.  I quit doing work for them years ago, but I remember ServiceLink sending an email a while back saying something about they were analyzing the comp photos and verifying if they were MLS or not.   Not sure why you want to protect whoever this client is, but I guess the bigger question is why do you want to keep this client.   As busy as it is you can find better clients.
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by treskirkland
I don't think Fannie Mae has software to know when the photos were taken, but most AMC's and reviewers have access to MLS photos even if it is just through Zillow, so yes they can easily tell if you used a MLS photo.  I quit doing work for them years ago, but I remember ServiceLink sending an email a while back saying something about they were analyzing the comp photos and verifying if they were MLS or not.   Not sure why you want to protect whoever this client is, but I guess the bigger question is why do you want to keep this client.   As busy as it is you can find better clients.


Ditto


They have software that can parse the photos from the xml file and search google for the photo.  It seems like they think the most important part of the appraisal is the damn comp photo.

The crappiest reports I have seen had all the original comp photos.  

__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
dunwoodyappraiser

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 153
Reply with quote  #14 
I am really confused about the HYSTERIA over comp photos!  If I took a photo of a comparable 2 weeks ago and use it again, I can't use that same photo?  The hysteria over this is utterly ridiculous and has NO AFFECT on the estimated value of the subject property which is what we are supposed to be doing in the first place.  I am really confused as to WHY everyone has become hysterical over comp photos.

0
MEP

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,812
Reply with quote  #15 
A comp photo is to reflect the condition of the comparable at the time of sale...a photo that was taken by you is not stale dated...however, it is was snowing and now it is 100 degrees...that may be an issue....so far, I have not had any questions regarding my photos except for Sun Trust...I kept a report for a few days because the reviewer didn't like my photo process...after thousands of reports...when I get stupid request...I try to insult them with nice words...
__________________
M. E.

"Don't call him a cowboy until you see him ride'
0
RubberStamp

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,940
Reply with quote  #16 
The only hysteria is AMC hysteria.  They all need to try and make it look like they are earning their keep so the more they annoy us and we put up with it the more useless work it appears they are doing.  Then they go market themselves as the best useless working AMC in the business and our good fee paying clients fall for the marketing.  And that is how we all earn less than the $525, the amount a report should cost, that the consumer thinks is going to the appraiser.
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #17 
It is no longer legal to drive aimlessly around while trying to focus your attention on ANYTHING other than driving.

Comp photography is no longer legal in Georgia.  Sorry to say....

__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
BillDing

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,384
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatloaf
It is no longer legal to drive aimlessly around while trying to focus your attention on ANYTHING other than driving.

Comp photography is no longer legal in Georgia.  Sorry to say....

ROTFLMAO  Looks like the taxis, gargage men, mail men, etc are out of a job. In fact I guess we can't even go to our house...gotta focus on the road. [thumb]

__________________
****Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming***
0
BillDing

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,384
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoodyappraiser
If I took a photo of a comparable 2 weeks ago and use it again, I can't use that same photo?  


Yes, of course you can.  Those are your original photos...you inspected it. If you don't want to deal with the hassle of some lame ass AMC calling on the meta data of the photo, just use your snipping tool and copy and paste your original photo onto the report.  As long as it is yours, you're fine.

__________________
****Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming***
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDing

ROTFLMAO  Looks like the taxis, gargage men, mail men, etc are out of a job. In fact I guess we can't even go to our house...gotta focus on the road. [thumb]


Do some research.

The mailman can drive his truck through your front door take a crap on your couch and eat your cereal then drive to his next stop.  They have specific immunity for traffic violations.

I don't know about taxis and garbage men, but they are required to have clear markings and have a different set of rules than you and I.

__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
BChip

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 616
Reply with quote  #21 
If anyone is worried about the AMC's trolling then I have an awesome solution. If you have a Face Book account you can ask to become a member of the 100% Real Estate Appraisers group run by Mark Skapinetz. The group is closed and maintains a secret status. Mark personally vets anyone who wants to join and the group is well over a 1056 members. Just look Mark up and ask to become a member. He is a local guy here in Atlanta.

He is actually putting together APPRAISER FEST 2018.....where AMC's sycophants and the likes of JOAN TRICE WILL NOT be invited to participate. This dude is really starting to rally the troops and is one step closer to getting all appraisers to communicate and come together.

Whether we like it or not we must unify. Corelogic, Servicelink etc...They are really starting to take the axe to our profession. If we don't fight back soon we are done.

Look up Mark, join the group. Participate.

I know many don't like FB but these AMC's are going to get the message that we are communicating more and more and that getting rich off our backs is going to come to an end.

BC

__________________
Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.
0
treskirkland

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 700
Reply with quote  #22 
If I've taken the comp photo for another report, I rarely would take another photo.  I've not had anyone say anything about it yet....  But, now I'm getting requests for MLS photos in addition to the original photo, because there was a tree in front of the house.... I'm not talking about where you can't see the house, just a partial blockage....  No matter what they will come back with something to justify their job..... 
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by treskirkland
If I've taken the comp photo for another report, I rarely would take another photo.  I've not had anyone say anything about it yet....  But, now I'm getting requests for MLS photos in addition to the original photo, because there was a tree in front of the house.... I'm not talking about where you can't see the house, just a partial blockage....  No matter what they will come back with something to justify their job..... 


Tell them the MLS doesn't allow you to use their photos without permission.

__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
BillDing

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,384
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatloaf


Do some research.

The mailman can drive his truck through your front door take a crap on your couch and eat your cereal then drive to his next stop.  They have specific immunity for traffic violations.

I don't know about taxis and garbage men, but they are required to have clear markings and have a different set of rules than you and I.

No, they don't need special rules because there are no rules to prevent you to pull over on the side of the road, unless you're on a freeway.

__________________
****Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming***
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDing

No, they don't need special rules because there are no rules to prevent you to pull over on the side of the road, unless you're on a freeway.


Actually they do have special rules... Do your research.  I have.

__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
BillDing

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,384
Reply with quote  #26 
No, you've made crap up to push your agenda.  Pull over, take the photo and inspect the property. No one gets a ticket for that because there is nothing wrong with it.
__________________
****Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming***
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #27 
Specifically what crap did I make up????

The FACT that US Postal workers have immunity from state and local traffic laws?????

The FACT that TAXI drivers have specific wording placed into traffic laws specifically addressing stopping to pick up and drop off passengers?????

The FACT that there are special laws that give the GARBAGE man the right of way and special penalties for YOU for failing to abide by them?????

What the hell did I make up???



__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
Nomad

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,727
Reply with quote  #28 
Can we all just agree that driving by and taking comp photos is a complete waste of time?
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
Can we all just agree that driving by and taking comp photos is a complete waste of time?


I will agree that 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time it is a waste of time.

Sometimes its really necessary to go take a lookie loo.  In those cases I am 100% in support of doing your due dilligence.  In the rest of the cases, I think its totally unnecessary.

I think it is a good learning source though for someone who isn't familiar with the market or training.  

__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
BillDing

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,384
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatloaf
Specifically what crap did I make up????

The FACT that US Postal workers have immunity from state and local traffic laws?????

The FACT that TAXI drivers have specific wording placed into traffic laws specifically addressing stopping to pick up and drop off passengers?????

The FACT that there are special laws that give the GARBAGE man the right of way and special penalties for YOU for failing to abide by them?????

What the hell did I make up??? 


That there are laws that you [the appraiser] can't pull over on a typical residential street to take a photo.

__________________
****Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming***
0
BillDing

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,384
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatloaf


I will agree that 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time it is a waste of time.

Sometimes its really necessary to go take a lookie loo.  In those cases I am 100% in support of doing your due dilligence.  In the rest of the cases, I think its totally unnecessary.

I think it is a good learning source though for someone who isn't familiar with the market or training.  


You don't know every property.  Does it actually have a wooded view or lake view or is it obscured by something you can't see from aerials?  Is the surrounding neighbors equal, less or similar?  I had an attached home that was attached to the Clampets that had their side look like a ghetto house. Aerials aren't shot every month and a lot can happen in a month. Whole warehouse or some McMansion could have gone up.


__________________
****Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming***
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDing


You don't know every property.  Does it actually have a wooded view or lake view or is it obscured by something you can't see from aerials?  Is the surrounding neighbors equal, less or similar?  I had an attached home that was attached to the Clampets that had their side look like a ghetto house. Aerials aren't shot every month and a lot can happen in a month. Whole warehouse or some McMansion could have gone up.



Actually.  I do know just about every property in my market area.  Its not uncommon for me to do 15 appraisals in a week and every one of those appraisals have 2-6 comps that I have actually appraised.

If you don't know if the comp has a wooded view or a lake view without getting into your car, you need a new career.

__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
Nomad

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,727
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDing


You don't know every property.  Does it actually have a wooded view or lake view or is it obscured by something you can't see from aerials?  Is the surrounding neighbors equal, less or similar?  I had an attached home that was attached to the Clampets that had their side look like a ghetto house. Aerials aren't shot every month and a lot can happen in a month. Whole warehouse or some McMansion could have gone up.



Many times you can determine if the house is a weirdo just by its sales price.  If you know your market and some should be $150,000 house sold for $115,000 (or $200,000) you should know there is a reason why. Call the agent, find the answer.  In my illustrious appraisal career I have had zero occurrences where driving by the comp has divulged to me any information that could not be uncovered without the pointless drive by.
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad


Many times you can determine if the house is a weirdo just by its sales price.  If you know your market and some should be $150,000 house sold for $115,000 (or $200,000) you should know there is a reason why. Call the agent, find the answer.  In my illustrious appraisal career I have had zero occurrences where driving by the comp has divulged to me any information that could not be uncovered without the pointless drive by.


You forgot to add.... If it doesn't have an impact on the sale price... then it didn't matter.

__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
BillDing

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,384
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
Many times you can determine if the house is a weirdo just by its sales price.  If you know your market and some should be $150,000 house sold for $115,000 (or $200,000) you should know there is a reason why. Call the agent, find the answer.  In my illustrious appraisal career I have had zero occurrences where driving by the comp has divulged to me any information that could not be uncovered without the pointless drive by.


That's your problem...you just drive by the comps.  Maybe if you would actually stop to inspect your comps, you might learn something.

And yes, absolutely verify with the agents with all comps.  If they say something like "it's got a lake view" I would check that out for myself, since physical inspection is required of the appraiser.



__________________
****Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming***
0
Meatloaf

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDing


That's your problem...you just drive by the comps.  Maybe if you would actually stop to inspect your comps, you might learn something.

And yes, absolutely verify with the agents with all comps.  If they say something like "it's got a lake view" I would check that out for myself, since physical inspection is required of the appraiser.




To all the appraisers reading this forum... There is no requirement for physical inspection of a comp.

This is completely 100% made up to push BillDings agenda.



__________________
The AMC is my B!TCH!
0
LEF

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 137
Reply with quote  #37 
Check out USPAP FAQ #s 176 & 177 and are you not checking the boxes under the area for Signature for Supervisory Appraiser, Subject and Comparable Sales?
0
Nomad

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,727
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDing


That's your problem...you just drive by the comps.  Maybe if you would actually stop to inspect your comps, you might learn something.

And yes, absolutely verify with the agents with all comps.  If they say something like "it's got a lake view" I would check that out for myself, since physical inspection is required of the appraiser.




Oh wow thanks for clearing that up I never thought to look at them when I drove by.
0
Bobby

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 5,964
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDing


That there are laws that you [the appraiser] can't pull over on a typical residential street to take a photo.


We proved this to be a fact (per law) in the other thread.
http://cramdisk.websitetoolbox.com/post/is-taking-comp-photos-dangerous-7306497

I'm glade to see that it still holds true and that it is very rare to have the legal ability to do so.  Common sense tells you that you shouldn't be multi-tasking while driving.

__________________

"America First".   President  Trump

0
BillDing

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,384
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
Oh wow thanks for clearing that up I never thought to look at them when I drove by.

What kind of inspection can you do trying to take a photo and inspect and drive at the same time.  Like I said, it's no wonder you haven't found anything. 

__________________
****Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming***
0
BillDing

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,384
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby


We proved this to be a fact (per law) in the other thread.
http://cramdisk.websitetoolbox.com/post/is-taking-comp-photos-dangerous-7306497

I'm glade to see that it still holds true and that it is very rare to have the legal ability to do so.  Common sense tells you that you shouldn't be multi-tasking while driving.

I agree that you shouldn't inspect while driving and taking a photo. I have always been against that. That didn't prove a thing about safely pulling over to inspect the property from the street and take a photo on a typical residential road.  It's legal and it's safe.

__________________
****Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming***
0
Nomad

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,727
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDing

What kind of inspection can you do trying to take a photo and inspect and drive at the same time.  Like I said, it's no wonder you haven't found anything. 


I look at it. That's about all the inspection from the street entails. You got a telescope or something? Magic glasses?
0
Bobby

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 5,964
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDing

I agree that you shouldn't inspect while driving and taking a photo. I have always been against that. That didn't prove a thing about safely pulling over to inspect the property from the street and take a photo on a typical residential road.  It's legal and it's safe.


Where are you legally pulling over, putting the car in park, and removing the key from the ignition to get your photos?
Nice try...


__________________

"America First".   President  Trump

0
BillDing

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,384
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby
Where are you legally pulling over, putting the car in park, and removing the key from the ignition to get your photos?
Nice try...

You can pull over most any residential streets. You don't need to remove the key. Nice try...
Now, if you want to keep driving while taking the photo and inspecting the property, heck, you could shave and talk to your mom while your at it...it's dangerous, you'll miss things on the inspection and you may get a ticket for doing it that way, too....but that's your choice. Stupid is as stupid does.

__________________
****Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming***
0
Bobby

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 5,964
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDing

You can pull over most any residential streets. You don't need to remove the key. Nice try...
Now, if you want to keep driving while taking the photo and inspecting the property, heck, you could shave and talk to your mom while your at it...it's dangerous, you'll miss things on the inspection and you may get a ticket for doing it that way, too....but that's your choice. Stupid is as stupid does.


You don't understand driving laws or you're willfully perverting the law.  You are putting misunderstood rules and requirements above state laws.
First, if your key is in the ignition, you are considered "operating" a motor vehicle. (This plays into distracted driving.)
Second, per the law, you must "lawfully" park.  You can't do that with the key in the ignition and block or hindering the flow of traffic on the street.  And don't trespass to get those photos...
Stupid is as stupid does, could not be more accurate.


__________________

"America First".   President  Trump

0
BillDing

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,384
Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby

First, if your key is in the ignition, you are considered "operating" a motor vehicle. (This plays into distracted driving.

Find me one officer (name and headquarters location) that says that you will get a ticket for taking a photo with your camera while parked safely on the side of the road with the car idling.  Should be pretty easy to do since it's so illegal

But for sake of argument, let's say having the key in the ignition is illegal.  Now I wonder if there is an easy way to solve that???  
Hmmmm...how about...taking the key out of the ignition! [idea]

Boy, that was tough [rofl]

__________________
****Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming***
0
dward

New Member
Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #47 
sorry officer, I have to snap a pic of the house behind you. I know Johnson Ferry Rd is very busy and dangerous road, but comp photos..
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/police-dress-construction-workers-catch-distracted/33418935

0
BillDing

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,384
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dward
sorry officer, I have to snap a pic of the house behind you. I know Johnson Ferry Rd is very busy and dangerous road, but comp photos..
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/police-dress-construction-workers-catch-distracted/33418935

Well, I don't do commercial, lol.  I agree that you shouldn't be driving and taking photos, but you can pull over on most residential roads and park.  If you're on a busy road, you have to find some place to park.  What would you do if you had to drop something off?  Same thing applies.

__________________
****Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming***
0
dunwoodyappraiser

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 153
Reply with quote  #49 
OK, but you are also discounting the danger of taking photos in certain areas of Atlanta where it is very dangerous to do so. Where people are sitting on their front porches or outside milling around everywhere. Those areas do NOT like folks taking photos!  
0
BillDing

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,384
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoodyappraiser
OK, but you are also discounting the danger of taking photos in certain areas of Atlanta where it is very dangerous to do so. Where people are sitting on their front porches or outside milling around everywhere. Those areas do NOT like folks taking photos!  

I agree...there is some danger in that. You have to be discrete. There are mounts you can put on your car window to take photos in those situations.  Speaking of police, many jobs have danger and needs to be considered before you decide to do it. Policemen have a dangerous job, too.  It should be reflected in your fee. If it's not worth it, remember, being an appraiser is an option.

__________________
****Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming***
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Appraisal Topics | Appraisal Questions | Other Topics