ASB Public Meeting
The Appraisal Standards Board (ASB) invites you to its upcoming Public Meeting on October 21, 2016, in Washington, DC. In August 2016 the ASB published the Second Exposure Draft of proposed changes for the 2018-19 Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). Topics under consideration include:
- Definition of Report and Edits to the ETHICS RULE and the RECORD KEEPING RULE;
- Definitions of Assignment, Intended Use, and Intended User, and related edits to the COMPETENCY RULE;
- Definitions of Assumption and Extraordinary Assumption;
- STANDARD 3 – Dividing into STANDARD 3, Appraisal Review, Development and STANDARD 4, Appraisal Review, Reporting;
- STANDARD 6 – Dividing into STANDARD 5, Mass Appraisal, Development and STANDARD 6, Mass Appraisal, Reporting;
- Removing the term Market Value from STANDARDS 7 and 8;
- Edits to the Personal Property Certification in Standards Rule 8-3
- Advisory Opinion 37, Computer Assisted Valuation Tools; and
- Edits to Advisory Opinion 21, USPAP Compliance; Advisory Opinion 31, Assignments Involving More than One Appraiser; and Advisory Opinion 1, Sales History
The Board seeks feedback from government regulators, educators, appraiser organizations, practitioners, and users of appraisal service.
To register for the public meeting, click on the Register Here button to your right. Please visit our website for a list of all events http://www.appraisalfoundation.org.
Questions? Please contact:
Standards Board Administrator